Careers in Graphic Design

Project 1



Careers in the Graphic Design Field:

Graphic design is visual communication



Three types of Graphic Design are image, text, and combined designs.



There are many responsibilities of a Graphic Designer, two that I found interesting are designing the
layouts and presenting your design to clients.


Graphic Design Job
Describe responsibilities 
education/skills required
Median annual salary
Layout Artist
A layout artist deals with
the structure and layout
out of images and text in
a pleasing format for
printed media.
Bachelor's degree in a
field pertaining
$25k-$50k
Logo Designer
A logo designer is
someone who sketches or
graphically designs
symbols, set in a specific
typeface or font, and
arranged in unique ways,
with distinct colors,
shapes, and designs to
represent a company.
Bachelor's Degree in
Graphic Design
$50k
Illustrator
Illustrators conceptualize
and create illustrations
that represent an idea or
a story through images. 
Degree in Illustration
$30k



Looking at many different Graphic Design related careers I was interested in the logo designer because I think it’s pretty cool that there are a lot of companies that are hiring for the position. I think that making
sure that the logo is fresh and up to date.




My partner and I were surprised by how low the average salary is for illustrators and I want to find out more about how often this career is pursued by other people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Character Practice

Font Project

Practice with the Adobe Illustrator Software